Yes! Messi grabbed the precious award for consecutive four years in a row, breaking the record of Michael Platini, a former French footballer, who had won the same for consecutive three years in a row (1983-1985).
Breaking the records, that was not easy for the Argentine star. He worked hard, put his effort, gave his hundred percent, and now, we all know the result. Messi scored 91 goals in a calender year (last year), including both for FC Barcelona and Argentina breaking the 40 years old record of German legend Gerd Muller, who scored 85 goals in a calender year (1972).
Messi is thankful to his family, his wife, his son, and his team mates, especially Andres Iniesta, who was also in race for Ballon d’Or along with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi said that he is honoured to play with Andres Iniesta.
Messi deserved Ballon d’Or this time, as of breaking record of Gerd Muller. He has potential of breaking records through his skills and great play he show. He plays great football on the pitch, especially with his mates Xavi and Iniesta. He is currently the topscorer of La Liga with 27 goals to his name and still counting.
If he goes on like this, there is no doubt that he can win next year’s Ballon d’Or too. Let’s hope for the best for Messi!
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala