Yes! Messi grabbed the precious award for consecutive four years in a row, breaking the record of Michael Platini, a former French footballer, who had won the same for consecutive three years in a row (1983-1985).
Breaking the records, that was not easy for the Argentine star. He worked hard, put his effort, gave his hundred percent, and now, we all know the result. Messi scored 91 goals in a calender year (last year), including both for FC Barcelona and Argentina breaking the 40 years old record of German legend Gerd Muller, who scored 85 goals in a calender year (1972).
Messi is thankful to his family, his wife, his son, and his team mates, especially Andres Iniesta, who was also in race for Ballon d’Or along with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi said that he is honoured to play with Andres Iniesta.
Messi deserved Ballon d’Or this time, as of breaking record of Gerd Muller. He has potential of breaking records through his skills and great play he show. He plays great football on the pitch, especially with his mates Xavi and Iniesta. He is currently the topscorer of La Liga with 27 goals to his name and still counting.
If he goes on like this, there is no doubt that he can win next year’s Ballon d’Or too. Let’s hope for the best for Messi!
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco