According to Sky Sports News, Barcelona midfielder Arthur has signed a five-year contract with Juventus after undergoing a successful medical at the J-medical centre over the weekend.
The Bianconeri had been heavily tipped to sign the Brazilian from the beginning of last month, but they were unable to find the breakthrough in the negotiations due to the player’s desire to stay put at the Camp Nou.
Earlier this month, Bianconeri sporting director Fabio Paratici acknowledged that the 23-year-old would need to be convinced to join the club and they have eventually succeeded in doing so.
Arthur’s move to the Turin giants is set to be made official before June 30 and his arrival at the Allianz Stadium is expected to coincide with Miralem Pjanic moving in the opposite direction.
The Serie A holders are due to pay around £72m for the former Gremio man while the Blaugrana will part with a £60m fee for the purchase of Pjanic, who has previously in the ranks of AS Roma.
Unlike previously reported by many sources, both deals are set to be announced separately by June 30 with the clubs aiming to include the incoming transfer fee in the season’s accounts, thus balancing their financial books.
Regardless of the agreement, both players are expected to remain with their respective clubs until their Champions League campaigns are concluded in the month of August.
- History of the FA Community Shield
- Harry Kane refusing to train as he forces move away from Tottenham
- The Five Best Football Transfer Windows
- Barcelona make enquiry about Italian midfielder Manuel Locatelli
- Morning Mix: Liverpool risk being left behind, £100m for Grealish is a great deal for Villa
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal