Barcelona have officially unveiled their new home and away shirts for the 2013-14 La Liga season. The leaks online were confirmed to be correct as the shirts feature a re-introduction to the thin stripes last seen in the 2011-12 season. Barcelona recently won the 2012-13 La Liga title where they made it to twenty-two Spanish titles and currently ten behind bitter rivals Real Madrid.
The new home kit delivers a sleek and modern design while still maintaining the tradition of the classic blue and red striped shirt. A vibrant v-neck yellow collar and a modern graphic fade on the sleeve has been added. Inside the back of the neck is a label featuring the club’s motto “Mes que un Club” (More than a Club) and the shirt is complemented with blue shorts and socks.
The away strip is a tribute to their Catalan province as it represents their colours for their first time in the clubs history as it features red and yellow stripes with red shorts.
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho
- Euros ’84: Michel Platini – a lead violin in a sophisticated string quartet
- Manchester City not interested in selling Ilkay Gundogan