editors note – since the publication of this article, David Villa has been announced as signing for Atletico Madrid, during the transfer window things can change very quickly!
Barcelona must be crazy.They are wanting to offer Thiago Alcantara & David Villa in a swap deal for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney according to the SB Nation.
Don’t get me wrong, Wayne is a great player but they would be mad to give away Thiago – a superstar in the making and Villa – a proven hit-man, who yes, age is no longer on his side but still a deadly finisher and super sub. Thiago is the future of Spain along with Isco and Jese Rodriguez, both of Real Madrid.
Barcelona do not need another striker – hello, they just signed Neymar and if they haven’t forgotten, they have a little magician who goes by the name of Lionel Messi who provides them with an entire team’s worth of goals in one season!
Wayne Rooney on his day is one of the world’s best strikers but unfortunately those days don’t seem to come around as frequent any more. He would be merely a bench warmer for Barcelona and if he wants his career to end up like that then I guess we should respect his decision.
If this deal happens then United will be laughing all the way to the top of the Premiership again and Barca will realise what a waste of a superb young talent and a proven hit-man they have lost.
The ball is in your court Barcelona.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, goalscoring keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview