Barcelona will be wearing a new shirt sponsor, Qatar Airways for the 2013-14 season. The current shirt sponsor Qatar Foundation will remain until the end of the 2012-13 season. The sponsor will feature on the 13-14 shirt produced by Nike.
Qatar Airways headquartered in Doha, Qatar is the state-owned flag carrier of Qatar. The airline was voted the best in the world for the past two years. CEO of Qatar Airways said he was “delighted” his firm will be able to have their sponsor on the Barcelona shirt. The deal spans over six years worth over 170 million euros.
This deal dwarfs the Qatar Foundation deal worth 210 million euros. This will make it the first time Barcelona have had a commercial based sponsor on their shirts. Airline sponsorship is nothing new as Emirates currently sponsor Arsenal, AC Milan PSG and Etihad sponsor Manchester City.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4