Juve defender Alessandro Birindelli will be playing in his last home match for the Bianconeri this afternoon against Catania.
Birindelli signed for the Bianconeri in 1997 from Empoli. Under Marcello Lippi, Birindelli became a regular player for Juve and he really deserves appreciation for what he has done for the club.
arrived in Turin aged 22, had been married for 10 days and for me it was a whole new beginning. I grew up here, learned values like professionalism and love for the team colours.
â€œI became a man and matured. After such a long time there are not just football links with a club, but true friendships both on and off the field.”
“The greatest sporting disappointment was losing the Champions League Final to Milan in Manchester, but on a personal level the most painful bitterness was seeing Juve demoted to Serie B. In one moment I saw all the sacrifices of the season disappear.
â€œWe know how we fought to win those two Scudetti and the opposition know it too. In fact, we proved that this year by beating them at San Siro.â€Â
Birinelli has yet to see what to do in his future but a return to home grown team Empoli is likely possible.
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach
- Atalanta 2-3 AC Milan: La Dea’s comeback attempt is too late as the Rossoneri impress in Bergamo
- Lille continue resurgence with victory over Marseille
- Morning Mix: United need Conte’s tactical nous, Chilwell gives Chelsea boss a headache
- Liverpool vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups