Juve defender Alessandro Birindelli will be playing in his last home match for the Bianconeri this afternoon against Catania.
Birindelli signed for the Bianconeri in 1997 from Empoli. Under Marcello Lippi, Birindelli became a regular player for Juve and he really deserves appreciation for what he has done for the club.
arrived in Turin aged 22, had been married for 10 days and for me it was a whole new beginning. I grew up here, learned values like professionalism and love for the team colours.
â€œI became a man and matured. After such a long time there are not just football links with a club, but true friendships both on and off the field.”
“The greatest sporting disappointment was losing the Champions League Final to Milan in Manchester, but on a personal level the most painful bitterness was seeing Juve demoted to Serie B. In one moment I saw all the sacrifices of the season disappear.
â€œWe know how we fought to win those two Scudetti and the opposition know it too. In fact, we proved that this year by beating them at San Siro.â€Â
Birinelli has yet to see what to do in his future but a return to home grown team Empoli is likely possible.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho