As we have witnessed during this season in the Barclays Premier League, there has been mixed success for the North-West footballing clubs, with both Manchester clubs and Liverpool at the top of the tree, there are three other clubs fighting for survival; Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn.
The two clubs I’m going to focus on are Bolton and Blackburn because on Tuesday night we will witness a footballing match that could decide whether they’ll go down this season and who will basically get the sack, it is a true six pointer. At this moment in time, Owen Coyle is loved by the club and had done well in past seasons but this season they’ve struggled to get those vital victories because of pretty dismal performances. Excluding the start of the season, they’re all over the place and don’t have enough talent, in the past they’ve had better players come in on loan; players such as Daniel Sturridge and Jack Wilshere.
The selling of Johan Elmander proved to be a major loss for Bolton and I can see by the January transfer window, Gary Cahill will be sold for quite a bit of wonga. So they NEED TO BUY PLAYERS IF THEY’RE GOING TO SURVIVE OTHERWISE THEY’RE SCREWED AND WILL BE SAYING BYE BYE PREM AND ALOHA CHAMPIONSHIP. And if you think about it so will Blackburn with the manager under massive pressure with the fans to produce such a vital game. But the fans never really liked Steve Kean and in my opinion DESERVES THE SACK. The thing I personally don’t get with Blackburn is that they’re in the relegation zone but play some decent football and by beating the mighty Arsenal 4-3, they can produce top standard football. The only issue I have with Steve Kean is that he makes some terrible managing decisions for example against Sunderland, sitting back on a 1-0 lead is criminal! He had a meeting with the owners saying ‘THERE’S NO ULTIMATUM‘ I can tell you for sure it’s win or bust with Steve Kean and he’s feeling the pressure!
My football prediction for this game is: 3-1 to Bolton Wanderers with Chris Eagles playing a major role in the match. He looked sharp and decent against Fulham and I think he can rip up a dodgy Blackburn defence which has took a blow with Scott Dann out for 6 weeks with a groin injury. I think Yakubu will get a goal with his poaching abilities but that’s it. By the end of Tuesdays game, Steve Kean will be unemployed, a big shout I know but let me know what you think! Follow me on Twitter @lukehorrobin7 and in the next one I will analyse the aftermath of the midweek fananza and what went down between Bolton and Blackburn!
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, goalscoring keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview