German International footballer Marco Reus, has signed a new contract with Puma to wear their performance and lifestyle footwear and apparel on a long-term basis. Reus, who was recently voted as the best football player of the year for 2012 by the association of German sports journalists (VDS), will become an international communication asset for their Power silo, as a supporting player to Cesc Fabregas for all Power football products.
Dortmund’s new star signing will continue to wear the PUMA PowerCat 1.12 boot on pitch and Reus will feature prominently in PUMA’s Borussia Dortmund marketing communications. Puma announced last year a new long-term partnership with the Bundesliga Champions, effective from the 2012/13 season.
With the start of the German season now only a few days away, Reus has been integrated into a TV and online campaign for Puma that went live last week. Reus commented:
“I am very happy to continue my partnership with PUMA. They are a leading brand in football, and they have some great ideas for both me and BVB for the coming weeks and months. I also really like their products – the PUMA Powercat boot gives me a lot of confidence to play at the level that I know I am capable, especially when striking a ball from distance. The lifestyle clothing is strong too. I am really excited to start the season back at my home club, and confirming this long deal with PUMA is another really encouraging move for me.”
Senior Head of Global Sports Marketing at PUMA, Christian Voigt said:
“We are delighted to extend this partnership with Marco Reus and to incorporate him into our International Sports Marketing portfolio. Marco has such talent, there is no doubt he is going to go far in his career, and he has the potential to become one of the most exciting players in the game.”
Marco Reus has worn PUMA Power boots for a number of years, and will continue to wear the PowerCat 1.12 in the current white, red and blue colourway for the beginning of the new Bundesliga season. The PowerCat 1.12 launched in October 2011 and features the PUMA 3D DUO Power Shooting Technology, applied to the kicking area on the inside of the boot. The boot enables improved grip on the ball through its exposed elements, and instead of absorbing the energy it increases the kicking power of the player.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview