Spain sealed a nail biting clash beating Italy 7-6 on penalties to reach the Confederations Cup Final against Brazil. The final will be played at the historic Estadio do Maracana and several superstars will be taking the stage of what has been an epic Confederations Cup tournament. The likes of Brazil’s Neymar, Paulinho, Fred and Spain’s Torres, Xavi and Iniesta have had excellent records in this tournament so far and this final is a match which would excite any fan around the globe.
The match will feature several players from Europe and Brazil where there are several Barcelona players that will take the stage in the final including Spain’s Gerard Pique, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Sergio Busquets and Brazil’s Neymar and Dani Alves and Chelsea players including Brazil’s David Luiz and Oscar and Spain’s Juan Mata and Fernando Torres.
On paper, the World Cup champions Spain are the clear favourites to win but Brazil are at home and they can be unstoppable at times when the home crowd is cheering them on. Spain will be looking to complete a set of trophies in which they have won in the past five years including one World Cup and two European Championships. Brazil are looking to bring football back home where they are the most successful Confederations Cup team having won the title on three occasions.
Players to Watch: Brazil – Neymar – Of course it has to be the superstar who we call Neymar. Neymar has scored three goals so far in four matches and his influence he has on the team may make him the player of the tournament if Brazil win.
Fred – Yes Fred, he has also scored three goals in the tournament as he possesses world class poaching and finishing abilities making him one of the most underrated players in world football. The Brazilian striker may strike again in the final which will certainly make him a hot transfer target this summer by several European clubs.
Spain – Xavi Hernandez – Consistent as usual Xavi is always considered to be a threat and he seems to gain more experience and vision as he grows older and like at Barcelona he forms a unique partnership with Sergio Busquets and Andres Iniesta in the centre of midfield.
Pedro Rodriguez – Pedro Rodriguez has the constant and persistent threat of scoring and he seems to have grown older as a player for both club and country in the last few years and he may be the one to upset the hosts to make it four major titles in a row for Spain.
Whether its a Spain or Brazil win this match will excite anyone in the world whether you are a football fan or not. The match places the current best team in the world for several years Spain against the most passionate football nation in the world Brazil.
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho
- Euros ’84: Michel Platini – a lead violin in a sophisticated string quartet
- Manchester City not interested in selling Ilkay Gundogan