The legend of Italian football and the selector of English national team Fabio Capello enjoyed in football of Croatian national team at Euro and at the end watched all games of Vatreni.
That’s why he had the answers on all questions which are torturing us after a huge sport tragedy which Croatian players passed through in the quarter-finals against Turkey.
What is the reason of Croatian defeat, except the classic story about ‘hard to understand’ misfortune?
“You left an excellent impression at Euro. Your team has a huge potential and possibilities, and that couldn’t be lessen even by that defeat in quarter-finals. Against Turks you lose, not because you were weaker team, but exactly the opposite, firstly because you entered the match too impressed. Your players were scared, and they couldn’t let off that fear entire match. And at the end, that judged for the Turks to pass on”, said in interview for Jutarnji list English selector and reminded that Croatian biggest weakness – youth and unexperience – is actually the largest advantage in the future.
“Your players are just insufficiently experienced team, you have a lot young players whoÂ couldn’t bear the pressure of the responsibility, but also the expectations of the fans. One thing is playing in the group stage, where every blunder could be repaired, so the pressure isn’t so unmaintainable. Entirely different thing is playing in knock-out system where even the smallest mistake could be fatal. To bear the pressure of that kind of games players must have loads of hard matches in their legs.”
It’s clear that, except because of watching impressive football, Croatia is interesting to him and because of the re encounter with his Albion in qualifications for the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
“During the entire qualification cycle, when you defeated England twice, and here in Austria when you defeated Austria, Germany and Poland with great games, Slaven BiliÄ‡ and his players confirmed their extremely high class. That’s why I’m sure that they will achieve even better results in the future”, concluded famous Italian his seeing of BiliÄ‡ boys.
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary