Manchester City claimed their first ever Champions League title last season after beating Inter Milan 1-0 in the final in Istanbul.
The Premier League giants will be looking to retain their European crown but Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are also top contenders for the coveted trophy this year.
The three sides will be in action this week as they aim to make a solid start to their knockouts campaign, with all the matches available to watch via the Champions League live streams.
Below we will discuss some of the important round of 16 fixtures and the teams who will likely win this week.
Copenhagen vs Manchester City
Copenhagen held City to a goalless draw the last time the two met in the 2022-23 season. But Pep Guardiola’s side are currently on a 10-game winning streak in all competitions, with their most recent success coming against Everton on Saturday.
The Danish Superliga outfit also stunned Manchester United with a 4-3 win in November, but their recent run of form hasn’t been very promising. Therefore, we believe City should comfortably prevail in the first-leg at the Parken Stadium.
Copenhagen 0-3 Manchester City
RB Leipzig vs Real Madrid
Confidence in the Real Madrid camp is likely to be very high after they consigned their league challengers Girona to a heavy 4-0 defeat at the weekend. They have now won four of their previous five league encounters to open up a five point lead at the top of the La Liga table.
On the other hand, RB Leipzig have won just one of their last five matches in the Bundesliga. Their most recent league outing saw them suffering a 2-2 stalemate at Augsburg. Given the form of the two sides, Real should emerge victorious on Tuesday.
RB Leipzig 1-2 Real Madrid
Lazio vs Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich suffered a shocking 3-0 defeat on Saturday at the hands of their title rivals Bayer Leverkusen. The result means Xabi Alonso’s side have created a five point lead at the top of the Bundesliga table.
Manager Thomas Tuchel will be hoping for a response from his team after their demoralising loss at the weekend. Their next opponents are Lazio who have won only one of their previous three Serie A matches. A victory for the Bavarians looks very likely in the Stadio Olimpico encounter on Wednesday.
Lazio 1-3 Bayern Munich
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Champions League last-16 predictions: Manchester City, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich favourites to w…
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Roma vs Inter Milan – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- West Ham’s Said Benrahma on the verge of completing Lyon move
- Preview: Liverpool vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Carabao Cup semi-final second leg preview: Chelsea host Middlesbrough, Liverpool take on Fulham
- Promoted Trio In Danger Of Instant Championship Return