Fernando Torres, Daniel Sturridge and erm oh… That is probably what you would say if you tried to name Chelsea’s senior strikers, and for a club who started the season fighting for 7 trophies; that isn’t adequate cover if you ask me. So correct me if I’m wrong ,but it would seem stupid to ignore the opportunity of snapping up Theo Walcott from fiery rivals Arsenal in January. Walcott has publicly stated he is happy at the Emirates ,but feels he deserves a better wage.
The 23 year old ,whose contract is entering its final 6 months, has issued many ‘subtle’ plea’s to Arsene Wenger about his desire to become a striker and The Blues would surely grant the England International his wish with their shortage in this position.
Chelsea are currently interested in agreeing a pre-contract January deal with the Arsenal man after he rejected a £75,000 a-week deal with The Gunners in August.
However reports have recently flooded in suggesting Roman Abramovich has decided to open up his Cheque-book up again so that his team can can bid for Radamel Falcao. Despite this it is clear to many that the Columbian will not come cheaply.
With this in mind Walcott still remains the more likely to be heading to the Bridge in January, and call me ignorant, but I believe he is the better option. The Englishman is more versatile position wise, he is cheaper, he knows the league and he is more likely to be content as an impact substitute. With all due respect Falcao is the better player, but I don’t think that Chelsea can afford to spend big money on a big name striker who would have to take his time to adapt to the city and the club (*Cough Fernando Torres*Cough). Well of course they could financially ,but another blow to the club image and The Blues could self destruct.
If Chelsea were to buy Falcao I would think it would be next summer so he could have pre-season to adapt to the clubs style of play and his new surroundings.
Are you interested in getting all of the latest football odds for upcoming matches? Why not come to Betfair today and take advantage of their fantastic offers!
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan