A couple of month’s ago Coquelin was out on loan at Charlton Athletic and wasn’t even in their first team. However, due to Arsenal’s extensive injury list in the much needed DM position, Arsene Wenger decided to recall him, and he has now become a regular starter for the Gunners, becoming one of our better performers in that time period. Is he the answer for us going forward, as we continue to be linked with several midfielders, however, in the meantime he certainly is making the most of his opportunity.
I have always been a fan of Francis (24), but he has found it difficult to get a continued run in the first team at Arsenal. Perhaps that’s why he is playing like a man possessed at the moment.
His contract only has a few month’s to run, so it’s now or never, otherwise he could be the next one to leave the club at the end of the season. He isn’t as vocal as some of our players, but you can’t doubt his commitment to the cause. The Frenchman could work on his distribution, as he made a few wayward passes in Arsenal’s previous game against Hull. As such, many would choose Coquelin in front of Flamini for a starting position against Stoke this weekend.
The bottom line is that the ball is in his court, if he continues to improve Wenger may decide to stick with him, he may still bring another defensive midfielder in, but that wouldn’t be a bad thing for the club with Arteta (32) still out injured and Flamini’s contract expiring in the summer.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 4: Preview & Predictions
- Morning Mix: Salah is living in fantasy land, Niguez signing boosts Chelsea’s title hopes
- Football Today: Games to Watch on September 4, 2021