On a foggy Monday evening at 17:45, the French players left their training base at Mont-Pelerin in the limits of Vevey to go to Zurich for their final group-stage decisive match against eternal rivals Italy. The players travelled by a special four-wagoned train that took them to the Zurich train station. The players played cards and had a relaxed journey ahead of one of the most tense confrontations in Euro 2008.
Les Bleus arrived in Zurich at around 20:15…24 hours 30 minutes before the Group C match kicks off. France may either return to Vevey after this match, or else pack their luggage and go home. The deciding match will be France vs Italy, as long as Romania do not get points in the match against the Netherlands.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho