On a foggy Monday evening at 17:45, the French players left their training base at Mont-Pelerin in the limits of Vevey to go to Zurich for their final group-stage decisive match against eternal rivals Italy. The players travelled by a special four-wagoned train that took them to the Zurich train station. The players played cards and had a relaxed journey ahead of one of the most tense confrontations in Euro 2008.
Les Bleus arrived in Zurich at around 20:15…24 hours 30 minutes before the Group C match kicks off. France may either return to Vevey after this match, or else pack their luggage and go home. The deciding match will be France vs Italy, as long as Romania do not get points in the match against the Netherlands.
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 4: Preview & Predictions
- Morning Mix: Salah is living in fantasy land, Niguez signing boosts Chelsea’s title hopes
- Football Today: Games to Watch on September 4, 2021
- European Transfer Window’s Best XI: Messi, Ramos & more