I think if England go to the World Cup in Rio with this team for the first game next year we have a chance of at least reaching the Quarter Finals. This is a team made up of hardworking players who will leave it all on the field. Personally I would rather see this than a group of “stars” who constantly underwhelm when it comes to the international stage.
GK: Joe Hart or Jon Ruddy
RB: Michah Richards
CB: Michael Dawson or Phil Jagielka
CB: Gary Cahill
LB: Ashley Cole Or Luke Shaw
CM: Nathaniel Chalobah – A good young holding player who is good enough to step into defence as and when needed but not afraid to go forward when given the chance.
CM: Jack Wilshere
CM: Tom Huddlestone – Provided he gets game time at Hull. Huddlestone could become a good midfield enforcer and his passing range is outstanding.
LF: Joe Cole – Englands most technically gifted player of the past 10 years still with alot to offer on the international stage and good enough to be given another chance.
RF: Nathan Dyer – Good up and down the wing, good crosser of the ball and not afraid to put his head in when needs be. Should be given a chance by England.
CF: Andy Carroll, Danny Welbeck or Rickie Lambert.
Obviously there are a few big names I’ve left out; namely Gerrard and Rooney. Simple reasons for this are I believe Gerrard is the most over rated player in the history of the Premier League, and that Wayne Rooney does not deliver enough for England.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco