28-year old central defender Julien Escude has suffered a recurrence of a groin injury. He is very likely to miss the European Championships 2008, as he will not have enough time to recover from the injury. Domenech will not be ready to risk him in the case that he make a speedy recovery, due to the persistent problem that has long plagued the defender this season.
Escude made his French debut back in October 2006 against the Faroe Islands. Currently, Julien plays for Spanish La Liga club Sevilla. He suffered the injury against Valladolid on the 4th May. He will therefore not add any more caps this summer to his present 6 caps.
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach