Fabinho looks on the verge of joining Saudi Arabian outfit Al-Ettihad as Jurgen Klopp has left him out of Liverpool’s Singapore squad.
The 29-year-old joined the Reds in 2018 from Monaco for an initial £39 million. He helped his side lift the Champions League trophy in his inaugural season, starting in seven matches of the tournament including the final against Tottenham Hotspur.
The defensive midfielder also played a key role in the club’s Premier League success the following campaign, posting 28 appearances and scoring two goals.
Last season, he made 49 appearances across all competitions but Liverpool endured one of their worst campaigns, going trophyless and finishing fifth in the league table.
However, Fabinho is now set to leave Anfield this summer to play in the Saudi Pro League.
He has been left out of Jurgen Klopp’s 27-man squad for the Singapore tour, having also missed the pre-season games in Germany.
Al-Ittihad have made a £40 million bid to sign the 29-year-old and it is expected that the Reds will accept that offer.
The 2023 summer transfer window has seen a lot of changes at Anfield, with some big names leaving the Merseyside club.
Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have been released in a huge summer clearout, while a host of players have been sent on loan.
However, they have made two brilliant signings in the form of Alex Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai. More reinforcements are expected in the coming weeks as Liverpool aim to make a big comeback in the 2023-24 season.
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend
- Diversity and Excellence: The Foreign Influence on EPL Success
- Exciting Clash of Titans: Premier League’s Top Clubs Battle for Supremacy
- Are Man United Ready to Mount a Serious EPL Title Challenge?
- Man Utd could seal £43m deal for La Liga ace who wants PL move – report