The Scottish Premier League have announced all the post-split fixtures for their member clubs, with Rangers travelling to Kilmarnock and Celtic hosting Motherwell on the last day.
These next seven games are huge for Rangers Football Club. Amid all the bad publicity surrounding the UEFA charges for alleged sectarian singing against PSV Eindhoven, Rangers have an SPL championship to defend and have won the past three games.
Clean sheets have been won in the club’s past three games, all away from home, with a 2-0 triumph at St. Johnstone the catalyst for single goal victories at Hamilton and Aberdeen.
Next up is St Mirren at Ibrox and a chance for Walter Smith’s men to top the table once more. The chance came and gone for that when Dundee United sprung a surprise 3-2 win two weekends ago. Rangers then visit Tannadice on Tuesday night before the final Old Firm derby of the season is played out at Ibrox on Easter Sunday.
Looking at the fixtures, Celtic have a trickier set than the champions but they have a two-point advantage and the luxury of a massive pool of players to choose from. The Easter Sunday battle is huge in determining which part of Glasgow the trophy heads in May.
St Mirren (H) – April 16th
Dundee United (A) – April 19th
Celtic (H) – April 24th
Motherwell (A) – April 30th
Hearts (H) – May 7th
Dundee United (H) – May 10th
Kilmarnock (A) – May 15th
Kilmarnock (A) – April 20th
Rangers (A) – April 24th
Dundee United (H) – May 1st
Inverness Caledonian Thistle (A) – May 4th
Kilmarnock (A) – May 8th
Hearts (A) – May 11th
Motherwell (H) – May 15th
Tough run-in for both teams I’m sure you’ll agree, but the three away games in a row right near the end could be crucial in deciding the destination of the championship just as much as the Easter Sunday face-off.
- Harry Kane refusing to train as he forces move away from Tottenham
- The Five Best Football Transfer Windows
- Barcelona make enquiry about Italian midfielder Manuel Locatelli
- Morning Mix: Liverpool risk being left behind, £100m for Grealish is a great deal for Villa
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham