Germany will battle it out with Croatia tomorrow night in the race to finish at the top of Group B. With Portugal winning winning their first two matches comfortably – 2-0 against Turkey in their opening match and 3-1 against the Czechs this evening – both teams will surely want to avoid a quarter final tie versus Luiz Felipe Scolari’s side.
Germany are expected to stick with the side that defeated Poland by two goals to nil in Klagenfurt on Sunday night. German Coach Joachim told the official Germany website:
â€œWe have leaders such as Ballack, Frings, Metzelder, Lehmann and Klose on the team. But our role-players, the guys on the bench, contribute just as well. When I saw them following the Poland game, going to the fans as one team, I really thought they handled that well. Competition during practices is still fierce. Our substitutes are constantly challenging the starters.â€Klagenfurt will again be the venue when the Germans take on Croatia, who, like the Germans, have a full squad to choose from after playmaker Luka Modric recovered from an ankle knock picked up during their opening match against Austria.
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified