Borussia Dortmund are on the verge of signing Danish starlet Christian Eriksen from Ajax Amsterdam as an immediate replacement for Mario Gotze who departed for Bayern Munich earlier this month. The highly rated midfielder would essentially replace Gotze in the centre of midfield and would provide attacking support for Marco Reus.
Eriksen has dominated Dutch for several years at Ajax it is will be interesting to see if he could repeat his prolific form in a different country and at a better team. In the last season in the Eredivisie Eriksen scored and assisted over 10 goals helping the club to win the 2012-13 Eredivisie league title which became his third at the club. There is no doubt that Eriksen would perform well at Borussia Dortmund, the club which reached the final of the UEFA Champions League last season.
At the international stage Eriksen has scored just three goals in 35 appearances which may raise a few eyebrows. Eriksen is arguably the most creative midfielder in the current Danish roster but he is yet to show his peak for the ‘Red and Whites’. The Dane is now 21 years old and if he signs for Borussia Dortmund he will need to up his game if he wants to perform at the same level in which he did at Ajax.
It would be great to see Eriksen establish himself in the Bundesliga and it would be even better if he repeated what Mario Gotze accomplished at the club. Borussia Dortmund may also need to replace Robert Lewandowski who has been linked for a move away for several weeks and they have been linked with several players including Edin Dzeko, Claudio Pizarro and Lukas Podolski.
It is up to Eriksen himself to prove the doubters wrong and like all transfers there comes a risk whether or not he will perform. A predicted line-up would se Eriksen play alongside Marco Reus, Jakub Blaszczykowski, Sven Bender and Ilkay Gundogan in the midfield.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4