Young Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson has been linked with Manchester City today in a lot of the press. He will probably make his England debut tonight, starting against France in the friendly match at Wembley.
Henderson has impressed greatly for Sunderland this season, with some commanding midfield displays and he looks to be a player who could develop into a Steven Gerrard ‘all action’ type, though he needs to add more goals to his game.
Manchester United boss Alex ferguson is a known admirer, but how much financial backing does he really have from the Glazers? If Manchester City get involved, expect them to blow the other teams out of the water with a £20m+ bid.
The only problem then will be, how would Henderson fit into the current Manchester City team? He would find himself thrown into a scrap for midfield places along with the likes of James Milner, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Gareth Barry, Yaya Toure and Nigel De Jong (the list goes on!).
In light of this he may be wise to stay at Sunderland for a while longer to get guaranteed game time and develop his game. I can actually see that this lad would be a good addition to the City midfield, as he is more mobile and gets up and down the pitch well compared to Barry, De Jong and Yaya Toure, however it would be down to Mancini whether he actually played him over these more defensive-minded players.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season