Antonio Rudiger has developed into one of the most highly sought-after stars in the transfer market after refusing to commit his future to Chelsea.
The Germany international, reported by 90Soccer and other major soccer blogs to want to leave London back in the summer of 2021, has only a few months left on his current contract at Stamford Bridge and seems reluctant to sign an extension.
Despite Chelsea’s utmost efforts to tie him down to a new deal, the 29-year-old is on the verge of departing London after five years.
During his impressive spell in the Premier League, Rudiger has earned a reputation as one of Europe’s finest centre-backs, drawing a host of enquiries from the best clubs around the continent.
Real Madrid long looked to be in the driving seat to sign the ex-Roma defender on a free transfer, but Juventus are now aiming to hijack the Spaniards’ move.
According to Fabrizio Romano, the record-time Serie A champions are one of the three clubs to have ‘approached’ Rudiger’s entourages in recent weeks.
Massimiliano Allegri is in the market for a new centre-back as the Turin-based heavyweights face the possibility of losing Matthijs de Ligt to Barcelona in the upcoming transfer window.
The Dutch defender has emerged as a concrete target for the Camp Nou outfit. His notorious agent Mino Raiola has already laid the foundations for a summer switch to La Liga.
In addition to De Ligt, Juventus are likely to wave goodbye to long-serving captain Giorgio Chiellini, who could call time on his illustrious career at the end of the season.
With Leonardo Bonucci, 34, also in the autumn of his playing career, the Bianconeri are understandably desperate to strengthen their backline over the summer.
Romano has not mentioned the remaining two sides currently vying for Rudiger.
But Juventus’ ability to sign top-class free agents has been off the charts over the past decade.
That alone should give them the upper hand in the potential bidding war.
As per Romano, Bayern Munich, who were also one of the potential suitors for Rudiger, are definitely out of the race, paving the way for Juventus to seal the deal.
- Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United preview, prediction & team news
- New Face of Adidas Predator Boots – Are They Moving Beyond Nostalgia as a Selling Point?￼
- ￼What modifications have been made to Premier League rules in 2023/24?
- The Rise and Effectiveness of the 4-3-3 Formation in Modern Football
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend