Karim Benzema is a 20-year old (19 Dec 1987) French national striker, with Algerian ancestry, who may be the star man for Les Blues in this yearâ€™s edition of the European Championships. The Olympique Lyon youth academy product has shown that he is capable of developing into a world-class player and the Euro 2008 may help to back up this statement. Karim is wanted by a big number of European clubs, one of which is Manchester United. Ferguson seems to be a huge admirer of the young striker, but has, until now, failed to attract him to Man Utd. The price tag put by Lyon on their hot prospect is massive to ward off any interest of the elite clubs.
Benzema managed to score a wonderful goal in the first-leg Champions League Last 16 match against Manchester United earlier this year, which continued to prove the youngsterâ€™s talents. Benzema will be the French asset to look out for in Euro 2008, and he is a contender for the Top Scorer award if he is in his best form during the competition.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race