So the game at Anfield ended 2-0 to Chelsea, but both clubs were winners when it came to the PFA’s Premier League Team of the Year with six out of the eleven being named from the title contenders.
There were no surprises with Liverpool duo Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge named in the team alongside Eden Hazard and Steven Gerrard in the midfield. Chelsea stopper Petr Cech took the number one jersey with Gary Cahill also named.
Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure were also named along with Southampton duo Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana. Everton’s Seamus Coleman completed the line up.
PFA Team of the Year: Petr Cech (Chelsea), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Luis Suarez (Liverpool), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool).
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, goalscoring keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview