Besiktas are ready to extend an opportunity to Mason Greenwood to rejuvenate his career, according to iNews.
Manchester United are expected to receive a short-term loan proposal from the Turkish club, who are among only a handful of European clubs willing to hand Greenwood a chance.
Earlier this month, the Red Devils revealed that Greenwood will depart the club this summer following an internal assessment of the striker’s situation.
The 21-year-old was arrested in January last year on suspicion of several offences, including attempted rape, and will no longer line up in a Man United shirt.
Although the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) subsequently dropped the charges in February, he is likely to either leave on loan or see his contract dissolved.
Man United also concluded from their own investigation that Greenwood was not guilty of the charges he faced.
However, they determined that it would be in the best interest of all parties involved for him to revive his career away from Old Trafford.
The club confirmed its commitment to assisting Greenwood in securing a summer exit, and Besiktas have emerged as a possible destination for the England international.
The Super Lig club is said to be interested in an initial six-month loan agreement for Greenwood, designed to gauge public opinion about the player.
Should the move prove fruitful and Greenwood be welcomed into the fold by the supporters, Besiktas would be open to discussing a potential permanent transfer.
Man United have until the Friday transfer deadline to cut Greenwood loose. They could also decide to mutually terminate his contract before the window closes, making him a free agent.
The Englishman still has two years remaining on his contract at the Theatre of Dreams and has also been linked with a move to the free-spending Saudi Arabia.
However, reports suggest the Saudi Pro League clubs are reluctant to make a move for the striker amid concerns about the potential complications that could accompany his arrival.
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend
- Diversity and Excellence: The Foreign Influence on EPL Success
- Exciting Clash of Titans: Premier League’s Top Clubs Battle for Supremacy
- Are Man United Ready to Mount a Serious EPL Title Challenge?
- Man Utd could seal £43m deal for La Liga ace who wants PL move – report