Winner = ELANO!
Elano has been actually insane this month! In the UEFA Cup and in the Premier League he has been a driving force in our push for that elusive seventh spot.
Having scored twice in his last three games for City, Elano is set to play a major role in their effort to reach the new Europa League being two places and three points off seventh place.
He has rediscovered the form recently, with magnificent performances against Hamburg, including a goal and hitting the post and bar respectively. This is the form which made him such a favourite after he was bought from Shakhtar Donetsk by City’s former manager Sven Goran Eriksson. Yet for a long time this season, it seemed the £8m midfielder would be leaving, hopefully if he keeps playing like this, he will retain his place in this side.
With Elano’s fellow countryman Robinho pledging his future to City, there appears to have been a thaw in relations between Elano and his manager which has made him play to the best of his ability.
We don’t need players who only turn in a performance when they feel like it or just for big games, they have to do it every time they play. SWP does it, Kompany and Zabaleta do it, Ireland does it and recently Elano has done it. Elano can pick a pass like no other player in our team. He is sheer class. An example of this is Robinho’s goal ‘vs’ Everton, a stunning over the top ball with pin-point accuracy. Also we have had two penalties resulting in two goals this month due to the expertise from Elano. His technique is mind-boggling and fools every keeper, I’ve never seen him miss one!
Elano can be a player of exhilarating skill and vision, and this is the side of him we have seen for the last three games. No-one is able to forget the sight of a clearly exhausted Elano walking to the touch line when substituted against Hamburg, after giving absolutely everything he had to give that night. I hope this is the Elano we will see as for games to come, because if it is, anyone would give him a contract for life. I think the Hamburg game may have been a turning point.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona