Matthew Glazier looks at the big Serie A players who are the subject of transfer speculation.
Edinson Cavani has had a pretty good time of things since joining Napoli in 2010, with the Uruguayan scoring 72 goals in 100 games for the Naples club, although will the 26-year-old be snapped up by a European heavyweight club during the summer?
The bookmakers have set up a betting market regarding Cavani’s future and Manchester City are the 3/1 favourites with one firm to snap up a player who would provide some much-needed firepower at the Etihad Stadium after the fateful stint of Mario Balotelli with the English club.
However, a second bookmaker go odds-on that Paris Saint-Germain claim the signature of Cavani although of course there is the possibility that the player might remain at the Stadio San Paolo.
Some reports suggest that the Uruguayan would prefer a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona although the bookies make a move to Spain a remote prospect, with Chelsea potentially the other club who could afford a hefty transfer fee and the striker’s wage demands.
Meanwhile, there seems to be growing rumours that Zlatan Ibrahimovic could return to Italian football this summer, with Juventus apparently keen on signing a player that has only been with PSG for one campaign.
The 31-year-old is just 3/1 to leave Paris for Turin and enjoy a second stint with Juve, having previously played for the club between 2004 and 2006 before moving to Internazionale.
The Gazzetta dello Sport claimed earlier this week that Juventus have offered Paris Saint-Germain’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic a four-year contract although quite whether the Ligue 1 club are prepared to contemplate allowing a star player to leave is another matter.
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach