I do not mean the above title to come across as arrogant, it is just my personal observation in regards to how we have performed so far this season, as with all things, there have been problems, but I feel we are now finely poised for a successful second half to the season.
Second place in the league, one point behind the leaders Arsenal, a semi-final in the Capital One Cup against West Ham, and a lucrative tie against Barcelona in the Champions league, there is no other club I would rather support. Of course, in typical city fashion, we could lose the tie against West Ham 1-0, get to the final of the Champions League, before losing 1-0 to Olympiacos, and it wouldn’t surprise anyone, after all, after winning the league in the 11/12 season, everyone thought we had brushed off the typical city tag, before losing the F.A Cup Final to a relegated Wigan side 1-0.
However, with the signings we made in the summer, and the exciting football we now play under Manuel Pellegrini, I believe we should comfortably match the owners ambition of one trophy a season, but as Manuel Pellegrini said “why stop at one trophy a season”, the squad in place at City has the perfect blend of both youth and experience, which is vital when you are trying to establish yourself as a top European Club.
This season some of our results have been sensational, demolishing Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal at home, scoring 16 goals against the three, conceding 4 goals, ruthless. Our much maligned away form has also been questioned, but when you can play arguably your second strongest team away at the home of Bayern Munich, and can still win the game 3-2, there is much to be positive about. and I’d just lie to add, we did all this without forgotten man Stevan Jovetic, a player who Manuel Pellegrini once described as “the next revelation”, not bad for a player to come into the fold in the coming weeks, and with Sergio Aguero, Micah Richards and Martin Demichelis all to come back, we will be firing on all cylinders, and I, for one, cannot wait.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan