Sunday 14th December – Manchester United 3 Liverpool 0
This was the score all United fans had wanted a comfortable win to evaporate the memories of 2013 and firmly put themselves in contention for a genuine title push.
But on reflection I cant help but feel United are still weak, often throughout this tense affair United wasted plentiful chances to move forward, frustrating football was the order of the day, constantly passing backwards and many a loose ball played from Young, Fellani and Evans would surely have been punished by Europe’s elite.
Wayne Rooney continues to be Man Utd’s stand out man he pushes the limits of his energy every game both in attack and in defence and continues to prove why he is this nations only true world class player.
If United wish to avoid being next seasons Liverpool they need to invest and invest well, the defence needs completely changing and as all 3 of yesterdays defenders are bench players at best.
All in all Man Utd fans I fear your horizon of glory is yet a long way off, the recent result against Arsenal was one of luck and on their day Chelsea are classes apart of a still weak Manchester United.
- Europa League semi-finals – Man Utd vs Roma & Arsenal vs Villarreal
- Champions League semi-finals: PSG vs Man City & Real Madrid vs Chelsea
- Former Liverpool striker urges club to hijack Manchester United’s pursuit of Jadon Sancho
- Scottish pride: When Heart of Midlothian went to war
- Why the bookies rate England as favourites to win the Euros
- The most valuable football clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich
- Social media boycott is well-meaning but ineffective in fighting racist abuse
- Tactical Analysis: Manchester United’s encouraging victory over Tottenham Hotspur
- Bouncing back to the Premier League: Why Norwich City’s imminent promotion is more impressive than meets the eye
- Liverpool vs Aston Villa – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups