Sunday 14th December – Manchester United 3 Liverpool 0
This was the score all United fans had wanted a comfortable win to evaporate the memories of 2013 and firmly put themselves in contention for a genuine title push.
But on reflection I cant help but feel United are still weak, often throughout this tense affair United wasted plentiful chances to move forward, frustrating football was the order of the day, constantly passing backwards and many a loose ball played from Young, Fellani and Evans would surely have been punished by Europe’s elite.
Wayne Rooney continues to be Man Utd’s stand out man he pushes the limits of his energy every game both in attack and in defence and continues to prove why he is this nations only true world class player.
If United wish to avoid being next seasons Liverpool they need to invest and invest well, the defence needs completely changing and as all 3 of yesterdays defenders are bench players at best.
All in all Man Utd fans I fear your horizon of glory is yet a long way off, the recent result against Arsenal was one of luck and on their day Chelsea are classes apart of a still weak Manchester United.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak