The European Rivals meet tonight for the fourth time in two years.
- World Cup Final 2006 – Italy win on penalties after 1-1 draw
- European Championships Qualifiers – France beat Italy 3-1 in a shocking trashing of the freshly crowned World Champions
- European Championships Qualifiers – A goalless draw between France and Italy as both were having troubles together with Scotland to qualify for the upcoming Euros
- Tonight at Zurich: 20.45, Italy meet France for the fourth time in two years
Italy got results when they needed them against France, apart from the 3-1 drubbing which was of course a one-off for the Azzurri. However, the Italians destiny is not only in their hands tonight. Should Romania beat Holland in the other fixture, Italy will have nothing to play for against France and if at half-time results are not in Italy’s favour by a clear margin, we might see a poor match between Italy and France. However we are expecting at least 45 minutes of a lively encounter and this should continue for the rest of the game with both national team manager’s position at stake. At least they will go out with some pride of beating France. The Italians have scored only one goal in their first two matches but conceded four, three against Holland and one against Romania.
Buffon will be in high-spirits after keeping Italy in the battle for the quarter-finals stage after keeping Mutu’s penalty out. Toni is likely to start even if some press were dubbing him to be on the bench with Donadoni pointing to a tridente with Di Natale, Borriello and Cassano upfront. Cassano and Toni are likely to pair Italy’s attack and push the Azzurri forward.
Italy will need to watch out for Ribery and Henry who will always pose a threat against Italy.
Match Prediction: Italy vs France: 3-1 (maybe say it’s biased but the Italians can pose much threat than France and the experience the Azzurri have got will pip the French in a very close match though.) A brace from Luca Toni and a wrap up from substitute Alex are my predictions with a possible consolation goal from Ribery are my thoughts for the game.
Can’t wait for tonight!! Forza Azzurri!!!
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak