The Mirror had stated that Manchester United are keeping a close eye on Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsik. Hamsik is currently a Napoli player, playing in the Serie A in Italy as well as in the Europa League. Reportedly, Sir Alex Ferguson sent scouts to watch Marek Hamsik in the match against Liverpool on the 4th November, which Napoli lost by the score of 3-1 after two late goals in just as many minutes by Steven Gerrard. This summer, Hamsik has impressed in the World Cup for Slovakia and helped his team to a Last 16 finish. This is his fourth season at Napoli after he joined from Brescia in 2007. At 23 years old, the Slovan Bratislava youth product has his best years ahead of him and he may look to spend this time in the best league in the world.
Now, his agent Juraj Venglos has come out stating that for the right price, Marek would be willing to leave Napoli and play for Manchester United. United see this player as another option to replace ageing Paul Scholes, with Steven Defour also mentioned in the press as a possible replacement. Venglos stated that he has not yet been contacted by any team and said that it is still too early to talk about a transfer for his client. His comments with Il Roma were:
“I don’t like speaking about transfers, but I have heard there are many teams thinking of Hamsik. I have not heard from anyone, every step would have to go through Napoli who own the player’s rights.”
“However, if a club that satisfies the needs of Napoli and Hamsik presents an offer, then there could be a division. It’s early to talk, but it is a possibility.”
Thanks to the owner of the Youtube video IbraSwedish1908
Latest Football Blogs
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: 2021 Europa League Final Preview