Newcastle United continued its winning ways by beating a Reading side that is becoming more and more desperate by the day.
The game started with the ball going from one end right no the other and so on and so forth. Both teams had no control and possession swung wildly from side to side.Â But eventually, The Magpies gained some composure and took control a little by a little until they were dominating Reading. Obafemi Martins scored the first goal by capitalising off a mistake by the Reading defence and eventually slotting the ball past a charging Marcus Hahnemann. Two minutes before the half, Habib Beye Passed the ball into the Reading Penalty box, and Michael Owen converted, making it 2-0 for Newcastle. The second half didn’t bring much change, Newcastle continued to dominate and Mark Viduka sealed the deal in the 58th minute, finishing a play that saw Beye once again assist on a goal. The score could have been much higher though. Michael Owen was denied an obvious Penalty shot after being wrestled down in the box and Joey Barton’s rocket of a shot just missed the net in the closing moments of the game.
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho
- Euros ’84: Michel Platini – a lead violin in a sophisticated string quartet
- Manchester City not interested in selling Ilkay Gundogan
- Copa America 2021: Schedule, Preview & How to Watch
- Mbappé and Foden to Hložek and Malen: The best young talents to keep an eye on in every side at the …
- David Wagner close to being appointed West Brom manager
- Gareth Southgate getting it right on racism as England manager
- Ilkay Gundogan on the radar of Barcelona
- Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur in race to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma