After defeating Italy’s World Cup-winning squad by 3-0, the Dutch revelation of Marco van Basten defeated the World Cup finalists by another 3-goal margin, in the score of 4-1. Holland are showing that they are capable of going all the way in this tournament, and without any doubt they are one of the best, if not the best, team in this summer’s edition of the European Championships. Credit must go to them for a sensational performance. The French squad has not yet recovered its form after disappointing heavily ever since the preparation matches. The star-studded squad seem incapable of working together towards a common aim: winning matches.
It was a memorable victory for the Oranjes with beautiful goals coming from Kuyt (9′), van Persie (59′), Robben (72′), and Sneijder (2nd minute of injury time before full-time). France scored through Thierry Henry in the 71st minute. With this win, Holland secure their place in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008, and win the Group of Death.
These are some pictures from the game:
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho