The smallest spark was enough, in this case a bit stronger cracker, and fists started working, and than bottles. Hundred the most pugnacious on each side were split only by more intensive police intervention.
Fans in chequered shirts occupied the center of Vienna around midday, and they were numerically dominant over Turkish fans. After 2 pm, at Stefansplatz, center Vienna square, the number of fans in jerseys of Galatasaray and Fenerbahce and red Turkish shirts got larger.
Started the bout with cheering, but before 3 pm someone from the Turkish mass threw a cracker towards the Croatia fans, which caused a loud explosion. That provoked reaction of Croats, who rushed on Turks.
Fists fight was temporary prevented by there present Austrian police officers, but hundred of the most warlike continued to throw bottles on the opposition group of fans. The reinforcement was called up and only with the arrival of the emergency policemen the situation calmed down.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4