In a blockbuster top-of-the-table Bundesliga clash, Bayern Munich will welcome Bayer Leverkusen at the Allianz Arena on Saturday evening.
The two sides are in a fierce title race this season, with the Bavarians just two points behind their rivals in the standings.
Bayern Munich will come into Saturday’s fixture on the back of a 3-1 victory over Borussia Monchengladbach last week.
The Bavarians dominated the first half of the home encounter but Nico Alvedi scored in the 35th-minute against the run of play.
The hosts restored parity with Aleksandar Pavlovic scoring from a tight angle before Harry Kane netted netted his 24th league goal of the season.
Matthijs de Ligt capped off a comfortable victory by heading in Leroy Sane’s free-kick off the underside of the bar.
Despite losing just two games this season, Bayern find themselves two points behind Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga table.
The Black and Reds are the only side who are unbeaten in the German top-flight, winning 16 and drawing four of their 20 matches.
They defeated Stuttgart 3-2 in a thrilling German Cup game on Tuesday to reach the semi-finals of the competition.
Die Roten finished the first-half with a 1-0 lead after Waldemar Anton’s looping header found the back of the nets.
But Leverkusen bounced back after the interval with Robert Andrich firing a brilliant shot into the top corner.
The midfielder then made a mistake that allowed Chris Fuehrich to restore their lead, but their advantage didn’t last long as substitute Amine Adli equalised.
With the game heading towards a draw, Jonathan Tah scored a 90th minute winner to snatch a brilliant 3-2 success for the home side.
Manager Xabi Alonso will be missing Victor Boniface and Arthur for the upcoming fixture due to groin and thigh injuries. The availability of Palacios is also doubtful, while Odilon Kossounou is still engaged with Ivory Coast for AFCON duties.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich face a long list of absentees including Kingley Coman, Alphonso Davies, Serge Gnabry, Tarek Buchmann, Daniel Peretz and Bouna Sarr. Konrad Laimer and Bryan Zaragoza will be assessed before the away encounter.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich potential line-ups
Bayer Leverkusen: Hradecky; Tapsoba, Tah, Hincapie; Frimpong, Andrich, Xhaka, Grimaldo; Hofmann, Wirtz; Iglesias
Bayern Munich: Neuer; Mazraoui, Kim, De Ligt, Guerreiro; Pavlovic, Goretzka; Sane, Muller, Musiala; Kane
How to Watch?
Fans of football can enjoy the Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich match through Bundesliga fixtures live on TV.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich prediction
This is a massive game for Leverkusen and Bayern, and both sides will likely put their best efforts to win on Saturday. Given the attacking quality of the two teams, fans can expect a very entertaining clash at the BayArena.
But we are expecting the Bavarians to prevail because of top striker Harry Kane in their ranks.
Bayer Leverkusen 2-3 Bayern Munich
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Champions League last-16 predictions: Manchester City, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich favourites to w…
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Roma vs Inter Milan – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- West Ham’s Said Benrahma on the verge of completing Lyon move
- Preview: Liverpool vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Carabao Cup semi-final second leg preview: Chelsea host Middlesbrough, Liverpool take on Fulham
- Promoted Trio In Danger Of Instant Championship Return