Boro keeper Mark Schwarzer will sign for Fulham instead opting for Juventus. The Australian acknowleged the fact that at Juventus, he would only under the circumstance that the World’s number 1 keeper is injured and thus, with the next World Cup in mind, he opted for Fulham. He said that he wants to do well with Fulham so as to boost his World Cup chances with Australia.
“There were offers on the table but the only thing that mattered to me was regular first-team football,” he said on Sky Sports News.
“And obviously someone like Juventus you don’t have to be Einstein to work out that you have Buffon there and it is very unlikely you are going to play too many games under Buffon as he is such a world class keeper.
“And with Bayern Munich it was a similar situation with their goalkeeping situation.
“I want to qualify for the next World Cup and hopefully be part of that so I had to go somewhere I would be considered No.1.”
- Harry Kane refusing to train as he forces move away from Tottenham
- The Five Best Football Transfer Windows
- Barcelona make enquiry about Italian midfielder Manuel Locatelli
- Morning Mix: Liverpool risk being left behind, £100m for Grealish is a great deal for Villa
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham