With new signings of the 08/09 season Chelsea is in full gear, a big favourite to win the Premiers League. We can definitely win it but what will Scolari do to win it.
Scolari is a champion of football managing and coaching as shown in his track record. Taking Brazil to the finals of 2002 world cup and getting Portugal to Euro 2004 finals.
He certainly has the skill and definitely the squad with the likes of Cech, Essien, Lampard, Drogba and the newly signed Deco and Bosingwa are just hints of the powerful Chelsea squad.
Scolari has played 4-3-3 flat back against Pompey.
In this formation, Scolari had:
– Mikel holding shape,
– Ballack, Lampard and Deco played more advancing midfielder roles –
– Anelka to fill Drogba’s boots
– Joe Cole to be his supporting striker.
This Scolari squad had a very attacking mentality and a lot of freedom. A Cole and Bosingwa were also in the midst of attacks as wingers.
37 minutes into the game Michael Ballack was forced to come off the field. Scolari was forced then to use a traditional Chelsea style of putting the Frenchman Malouda as the left winger.
Malouda was an excellent choice of substation creating many chances for Chelsea.
Deco, J Cole and Anelka were an invincible machine cutting through Pompey’s defence, and it showed in the scoreline, J Cole 12’, Anelka 26’, Deco 88’ with a Lampard Penalty at the extra time of the first half.
Ballack was definitely an important part of the game as he assisted the first goal scored by J Cole. Anelka and Deco made important moves dragging the defenders out of position, giving J Cole the opportunity to run into space receiving the high through ball from Ballack. J Cole’s shot was then too much for keeper James.
Bosingwa the new signing of 08/09 season, pushed up into attack and created the second goal of the day as he crossed to Deco who passed to Anelka to header into the goal.
In the second half Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ferreira came on to replace Bosingwa and J Cole.
In the 88th minute Deco scored a stunning one man goal. Deco rushed up to the ball and let rip a 30 yard stunner, which passed right through the hands of James.
The man of the match was definitely Deco. Scolari is almost certainly going to keep playing the Anelka, J Cole and Deco combination.
With Scolari as boss we probably wont need to see nestapermanbucano write a report on “Where It went wrong for Chelsea!”
Written By Aaron Chen
- Morning Mix: Tottenham star has a point to prove, Chile have an unlikely hero
- Tottenham Hotspur will not appoint Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager
- AC Milan sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea in £30m deal
- Tactical Analysis: Why Italy seem to be the most well-rounded side in the Euros
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement