Sports bets come in all forms—you can bet on the winners, the losers, your favourite teams or use an accumulator to help you decide, but what really matters is whether you win and BGO are compiling a list of the best sports wins and it made me think of mine.
Nothing is ever certain in football. That’s why we love it so much. You can never know who is going to win the league when the season starts, although sometimes you can be fairly certain the winner will come from a select group of teams.
This Premier League season was no different. Would last season’s champions Manchester United win again, even with their new manager David Moyes? (definitely not it turns out). Surely Manchester City would be in with a shout of reclaiming their title with such a potent strike force. Or what about Chelsea – with Mourinho back at the helm anything is possible.
However, if you’d have backed Liverpool at the start if the year, people would have laughed – and trust me they did. Most people thought they were a long way off winning the league, and with Suarez out for the first couple of months for behaving like an angry toddler, the chances seemed even more remote.
All of which is why I’m walking around with a huge grin on my face and a betting slip that says £20 at 33/1. Nobody’s laughing now except me. Easily my best bet ever, we’ll see how the last few games go, perhaps I should have laid it off, I’ll keep my fingers crossed and we will see.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona