Potential Break-though Player
Manchester United’s England U21 International Tom Cleverley is looking to be a great talent for both United and England in the future and this could be his season. Cleverley has been involved heavily in both of The Reds preseason tours this years America tour and last years Asia tour chipping in with several goals and even more assists but unlike last season Tom won’t be going out on loan like he did to Watford, as Ferguson has stated that Cleverley is too good to be loaned out and will get a chance.
Although not officially played for United, Cleverly has played and scored against sides of real quality such as Valencia and MLS All Stars in friendlies. The Bradford born midfielder has been capped with England U21s seven times and not yet hit the back of the net but has made multiple assists for the three lions.
Tom has been on the United books since the age of 14 and has helped the clubs reserves and academy to many titles including the MILK Cup and Premier League Reserves title but his biggest achievements so far came when he was 19. After he signed professional contracts with United, Cleverley helped Leicester City win the
League One title with 15 appearances and two goals on a 6 month loan period. Then after a successful preseason, Tom was loaned out again to Watford on a season long loan last season. On his loan at Watford his first contribution was a goal in the dying seconds of his first match against Nottingham Forest which finished as a 4-2 win to the Hornets and he carried on scoring for Watford. In his 33 appearances he scored 11 goals and was named Watford player of the year 2009-10.
Overall Tom Cleverley’s future looks bright and with first team opportunity available for him this term could be a big one for him and with the addition of more England U21 call ups he can only get better. Just remember the name Tom Cleverley: Future England Star, Future United Legend?
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona