This has been a very interesting transfer window. The teams who haven’t done well last season are trying to buy the best players they can. Liverpool finished sixth last season have already bought more than six players.Manchester United have also spent a hefty sum this summer. Last season Manchester City was not so great. In this scenario you must be wondering, where is Man City? Are they out of cash after the Sterling saga? NO.
Man City are always the biggest spenders in the transfer market but this summer they have brought seven players. Only two of them are big signings Sterling and Delph. Patrick Roberts was bought only to fill the British quota. So, yes he is another young talent wasted. There are two reasons why teams don’t spend in transfer market, either they lack money or the think their squad is balanced. Man City never has any economic problems and are the bid spenders, so does Pellegrini thinks his team is tough enough?
They have Sergio Aguero who is one of the best strikers in the world, Jovetic lost to Inter and maybe Dzeko not staying after bench warming for two years. So what do they have for backup? Wilfred Bony? Is he going to be the second choice striker? He is not a player having any UCL experience, so Pellegrini might want a striker or make Sterling play in the front line. Last season Jesus Navas was very poor, so a replacement there is also needed.
I always think that the team is built around the defending midfielder. As Yaya Toure is 32 and was poor last season they also need a DM. Maybe they should play Nasri at DM as he is good at tackling the ball.
When you look at defenders, Kolarov, Clichy, Zabaleta, Mangala, Sagna, Kompany they are good defenders but all of them in late 20’s, they can’t stop big teams from scoring against them. Kompany is world class but still he does a lot of mistakes. So buying a defending duo is not a bad idea.
Joe Hart was in top form last year so no problem there.
Most of all they need to keep Aguero fit, because he is the main motivation of the team.
So which signings do you think would take them to the glory? Please comment below.
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho
- Euros ’84: Michel Platini – a lead violin in a sophisticated string quartet
- Manchester City not interested in selling Ilkay Gundogan