With Chelsea’s dramatic deadline day signings of Luiz and Torres completed, attention will now turn to how they will fit into the Chelsea side.
I see Carlo Ancelotti breaking with Chelsea’s tried and trusted 4-3-3 and moving to a a unconventional 4-3-1-2 system, and John Terry shifting to the right side of central defence to accommodate the left footed Luiz.
With the ball in the opponents half I can see Chelsea’s shape being something like
And without the ball Chelsea’s shape will be almost 4-4-2 with Malouda dropping back and Essien tucking in.
- Lens hand Marseille their first defeat of the season
- Morning Mix: Leeds will come good, Villa showing there is life after Grealish
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille