Frenchman David Trezegeut has backed his club team-mate Alessandro Del Piero to be chosen ahead of the other possibilities to form part of Donadoni’s squad.
â€œAlex is very important for his side and I have no doubts as to whether he should get the call up. “
Trezegeut obviously would like also to be called up by his international boss Domenech although relations with him are not very good.
â€œWe have nothing to prove anymore, we deserve to be called up to the national team,â€ Trezeguet told Sky Sport Italia.”
Both strikers have had a superb 07/08 season with Juventus in their return to Serie A football, with Trezegeut leading the scorer’s list and Del Piero back at him with just one goal short.
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race
- Europa League Semi-Finals Recap: Fernandes steps up in a big game, Emery returns to haunt Arsenal