Here is a video of Dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar’s inveiling at the Bernabeu.
Huntelaar will take the Number 19 shirt at Real once the transfer can be officially completed when the January Transfer Window opens.
However, it is understood that the starlet will not be able to play for at least a couple weeks due to an ankle injury.
It is also clear that Huntelaar will have to earn respect from the fans.
typicallyspanish.com reported that there was audible discontent from some fans during the presentation ceremony, with chants of ‘we love Cristiano’ being recorded.
There was also some calls for the club to invest more in local talent rather than non-Spanish names.
Jan Huntelaar becomes the latest in a string of Dutch players signed by the Spanish giants. He will join fellow countrymen Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Raphael Van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe and Ruud van Nistelrooy to become the sixth Dutch player at the club.
van Nistelrooy’s long-term injury has left a hole in the Madrid attack. Huntelaar’s transfer has been forwarded from the summer in order to fill the gap.
Huntelaar told msn.com: ‘Ruud is injured, but he is a fantastic player. I’m a different sort of striker and will try my best. I’ll try to score as many goals as I possibly can’.
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently