Nemanja Vidic has missed Tuesday’s training session at the Luzhniki Stadium, the venue where the Champions League Final will be played tonight at 20:45 CET. This has raised concerns regarding the player’s fitness, with certain journalists deciding to make up a story out of it. However, Ferguson has publicly stated that Nemanja is fit to face Chelsea tonight in the game of the season.
“Nemanja is on a different training programme to the rest of the squad, but he will definitely play.” – Ferguson
Man Utd hope to clinch their third European trophy, and their second UEFA Champions League, after a 9 year period since 1999. Meanwhile, Chelsea’s Ashley Cole has suffered a horrendous two-footed tackle from teammate Claude Makelele in training, injuring his ankle. The full-back is doubtful for tonight’s match.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak