5 of The best and worst transfers on deadline day.
1) Shaun Maloney Celtic to Wigan fc (£1 million)
Someone who has something to prove a good price and someone who still has plenty to offer a team who lack a creative spark.
2) Simon Kjaer Wolfsburg to Roma (season-long loan)
A strong defender who impressed me in the Bundesliga he will add some steel to a much changed Roma defence.
3) Andre Santos Fenerbache to Arsenal £6.2 million
A quick left-back who can also play on the left wing, and for a good price this was not a rushed buy by Wenger and Andre is someone who will do well in the Premier League.
4) Vicente Valencia to Brighton (free transfer)
An experienced player who has done it all, he gives Gus Poyet a great option while telling Brighton fans that Brighton is a club with real ambition.
5) Liam Feeney Bournemouth to Millwall undisclosed fee (believed to be £650,000)
This will have fallen under the radar but Feeney is quick and likes to get chalk on his boots, he should be a great addition to the Millwall squad and could be someone who makes Millwall a good profit in years to come.
1) Jermaine Beckford Everton to Leicester City (£4 million)
Unproven for the championship (did well in League one), did not impress while at Everton Leicester have paid over the top, instead of focusing on getting Jelavic who would have added something to Leicester City’s attack.
2) Joe Cole Liverpool to Lille (season-long loan)
A player who needs to prove his worth, but the French Ligue 1 is Joe Cole’s last chance he will either be a success or he will fade away, a good deal for Liverpool though as they now get the first option on Eden Hazard, Good luck to Joe Cole anyway, I hope I am proven wrong.
3) Anton Ferdinand Sunderland to QPR (£1 million)
Worth a risk for £1million’s but Ferdinand has been caught out too many times and seems to be nowhere near as good as his brother, plus he is being paid a Premier League wage, while only having the ability of a Championship player.
4) Nicklas Bendtner Arsenal to Sunderland (season-long loan)
He is an over confident player who lacks any creativity, he talks a good game yet does not have a good scoring record, why Bruce will play him ahead of Wickham I will never know, yet he will.
5) Craig Bellamy Manchester City to Liverpool (free transfer)
He could be a great signing but to me he will give Kenny Dalglish a headache and not a selection headache, Bellamy wants to play 1st team football at Liverpool he will not he will warm the bench and to me that will result in Bellamy being a problem.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season