At the age of just 16, Gai Assulin has been named in Israelâ€™s squad for the full international friendly against China on March 26th. Gai who usually plays on the left side was born on April 9,1991 in Nahariya.
Assulin started his career in the Beitar Tubruk youth ranks, in 2003, when he was just 12, his team coach back-then Shlomo Scharf, proposed Gai’s parents to consider taking their young prospect to try out for Barcelona’s youth ranks, they did, and Gai was accepted.
Assulin has long been considered one of the best prospects in the world, and Barcelona have rejected offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.
On August 2007, Assulin graduated to the FC Barcelona B team, and was offered a new contract, a senior contract (a contract granted only after the player turns 16) for another 3 years and a â‚¬20M buy-out clause.
On September 5 2007 when he was only 16-years old Assulin made his senior debut with the first team against Girona FC in the semi-final of the Copa Catalunya, entering in the 46th minute of the game.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season