At the age of just 16, Gai Assulin has been named in Israelâ€™s squad for the full international friendly against China on March 26th. Gai who usually plays on the left side was born on April 9,1991 in Nahariya.
Assulin started his career in the Beitar Tubruk youth ranks, in 2003, when he was just 12, his team coach back-then Shlomo Scharf, proposed Gai’s parents to consider taking their young prospect to try out for Barcelona’s youth ranks, they did, and Gai was accepted.
Assulin has long been considered one of the best prospects in the world, and Barcelona have rejected offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.
On August 2007, Assulin graduated to the FC Barcelona B team, and was offered a new contract, a senior contract (a contract granted only after the player turns 16) for another 3 years and a â‚¬20M buy-out clause.
On September 5 2007 when he was only 16-years old Assulin made his senior debut with the first team against Girona FC in the semi-final of the Copa Catalunya, entering in the 46th minute of the game.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak