In August this year, one of Italian football’s brightest stars left European Champions Inter Milan in a 24 Million move to Manchester City, with the promise of trophies and first team football.
But for Mario Balotelli, the former Inter Starlet, it has not been the best year of his footballing career, having been frozen out of Mourinho’s treble winning side, forced to watch as his team mates succeed without him.
And in his first game for City, he scored a brace, before suffering an injury which delayed his premiership debut a month, while Carlos Tevez carried the Blues to 2nd in the Premiership.
He scored and then got sent off in his debut against West Brom, and since then has recieved numerous media backlashes, recieving several “Worst Player in the Premiership” tags and “Flop of the season” awards from numerous writers in the English Media., which hasn’t been helped by the claims that it is only a matter of time before Balotelli joins AC Milan, as the youngster is a self proclaimed Milanisti.
But has SuperMario really had that bad a start to his premiership career? 5 goals in 7 starts is a fantastic return for any striker, let alone a 20 year old, and one can only assume with a little time, his goalscoring touch can continue. But with numerous characteristic difficulties surrounding him, not least his tendency to drop himself in trouble at every available oppurtunity, the prospect of him starting more games, especially with Tevez back in the starting line up, is very small. And if City buy another striker, be it Edin Dzeko, Andy Carroll or anyone Mancini is interested in, then it would seem that Balotelli’s days at Eastland’s are already numbered, and the Premiership could lose one of football’s brightest stars.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4