Devout Catholic Patrice Evra is 27 years old and plays at left-back. For the French side, he faces intense competition from Escude and Abidal for the starting role. Evra currently plays for European Champions and back-to-back Premiership Champions Manchester United, and that SHOULD give him the edge over the other left-backs. Evra started his career in 1998, at Italian small clubs Marsala and Monza. He was transferred to the French league in 2000 to play for Nice. From 2002 until 2006, Evra played for Monaco, reaching the Champions League final in 2004, only to have a bitter taste of defeat against winners Porto, which surely helped him in the 2008 Final in Moscow. He was occasionally named captain for his club.
In January 2006, Evra joined English mega-club Manchester United for Â£5.5 million, siging a 3 Â½ year contract. In his first match for the Red Devils, he formed part of the defence that concede three against rivals Manchester City in a 3-1 defeat. However, Evra never looked back and became a key figure for Manchester United, especially after the departure of Gabriel Heinze and in the 2007/08 season.
Evra made his France debut on the 18th August 2004 while he was at Monaco. He played in the match against Bosnia-Herzegovina, in a game where France team-mates Abidal and Squillaci also made their debut. Until before the 2008 Preparation campaign for Euro 2008, Evra has made 9 appearances for France. He is the favourite to be first-choice left-back for France in Euro 2008, although he must stay focussed as Eric Abidal is following him closely to snatch the left-back position away from him.
- Sunday Premier League Preview: Matchday 15
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte