The reserve league south kicks off on the 1st September, with our boys hosting West Brom, so a number of the ‘7 young spurs to watch’ lads were left twiddling their thumbs on Saturday. However the U18 squad played Manchester City and very nearly took all 3 points from the visitors. Theres no doubt that the Manchester City U18 team is one of the best U18 teams in England; they won the FA Youth Cup last year. Our boys fought well against them and if it wasn’t for a late City equaliser, would have won the came 3-2. Alas, it was not to be and the game ended in a 3-3 deadlock.
The Tottenham youngsters led at 2-0 and at 3-2, but City weren’t going to settle for anything but a point. Tottenham’s Ryan Mason made it 1-0, before one of the ‘7 Young Spurs’ struck to make it 2-0. Congratulations Danny Rose. Rose struck again at 2-2 to give Spurs the lead but City grabbed an equaliser in injury time.
Just for those who missed last week’s post (http://spurs.footballblog.co.uk/7-young-spurs-to-follow.html), Danny was picked as one of the ‘7 young spurs to watch’ and, if he can score 2 goals in every U18 game, he’ll be in the senior team very soon.
One of the other young Spurs, Giovani Dos Santos, also played at the weekend. He featured for the first team, in our home game against Sunderland. He came off the subs bench in the 55th minute, replacing Aaron Lennon. Unfortunately he couldn’t help the team to victory, the game ending 2-1 to Sunderland. Nevertheless, he played well and showed some promise.
More news next week, when most of the reserve team would’ve been in action. And once again well done to Danny Rose! One 2008/2009 U18 team appearence, 2 goals!
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4