AC Milan have struggled this season in Serie A as they lie in 10th place after 11 matches. The departures of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Antonio Cassano have not helped and Alexandre Pato and Robinho have failed to sparkle. Although new talents such as Stephan El Shaarawy have proven their ability at the top level. Milan also saw their two key centre backs leave Alessandro Nesta (Montreal Impact) and Thiago Silva (PSG). The attacking and defensive problems have added speculation this January as to who the club should purchase.
In recent weeks Milan have turned on the pursuit for Manchester City rebel Mario Balotelli. Balotelli had a poor 70 minutes against West Ham United on the weekend and after his substitution he had mouthed off to Roberto Mancini increasing his potential to move back to his homeland. Balotelli signed for Manchester City from Internazionale in August 2010 for €22 million. Since then he has struggled for a starting spot as Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko have been preferred on most occasions. Since his arrival Balotelli has scored 29 goals in 68 matches in all competitions. Milan look to buy the out of favour City player this January which may see him pair up with Alexandre Pato up front. Balotelli has a high price tag which may hamper the transfer this January. A straight swap with Stephan El Shaarawy may be on the cards.
Kaka the player who scored 95 goals and 46 assists in 270 matches in his first spell at the club has been linked back to the Italian giants. Kaka now at Real Madrid has found it hard for a place at the club as he is competing with Luka Modric, Angel Di Maria and Mesut Ozil for the attacking midfield role. A move back to Milan may spark life into his career.
Robinho has been ever linked back to his home club Santos in recent weeks. Robinho has failed to perform and has moved down the pecking order at the club. A move back to Santos will indeed spark his career. Alessandro Nesta has been linked with a loan move back to Milan as many players have done this to maintain match fitness. The departure of Robinho may pave way for a Balotelli arrival.
- Premier League Matchday 23: Top-Four Race Matches to Watch & Predictions
- Premier League Matchday 22 Preview: Best Three Games To Watch
- Ralf Rangnick delivers update on Edinson Cavani’s future at Manchester United
- Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger opens pre-contract talks with big European clubs
- Romelu Lukaku dropped from Chelsea squad in 2-2 draw against Liverpool
- Manchester United in contention with Liverpool for Leeds’ centre-back
- Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku set for showdown talks with Thomas Tuchel
- Five players who are desperate to move in the 2022 January transfer window
- Fiorentina cannot keep hold of Dusan Vlahovic anymore
- Manchester United striker to request January exit